The leaves are beginning to change, long sleeve shirts are finding their way to the top of the pile in the closet, The smell of pumpkin spice is filling the air (except for around here where we smell the bathtub factory and those glorious days when they fertilize the fields…), yep, it’s Fall!
So, what does that mean for the HYM? It means that some awesome things are coming up. Here is what is behind us, and what lies ahead.
- We have started our class on Sunday mornings studying through the book of Matthew and it has gone very well so far. We have only covered the first four chapters, but the teens have had some great questions and discussion thoughts. Parents, please continue to encourage them in this. Teens, keep up the good work!
- We had a great trip to RUSH on the campus of Freed-Hardeman University last weekend. The theme was “The Summit” and the classes and the keynote lessons focused on events from different mountains in the Bible. It truly was a blessing to be there. FHU always does a great job putting this event together.
- A few of our girls got together for a night out and it looks like they had a great time. Keep reading to see a few more opportunities for our girls. There are some exciting things coming up for them!
- Definitely the best things to happen in the last few weeks was Sunday night after coming home form RUSH Anna Kate and Taten asked for prayers that they would be able to overcome the struggles in their lives and be the best example they can be. Then, this Sunday night after almost everyone had left, Ashley Watson was baptized. Make sure you show your love and support to these three, as well as all of the HYM.
Ahead Of Us:
- October 1st - Our girls are going to host a nail party at Ashwood for the ladies there. We have done this once before and everyone involved had a blast. There are some awesome ladies at Ashwood and they will be thrilled to see all of our girls there. Be at Ashwood at 4:00 and it will last until around 5:30. Talk to Kaycee if you have questions or would like to help out in any way.
- October 2nd - We are having a movie night at the building. As long as the weather cooperates, it will be outside. If it is cool enough, we may even light the bonfire and make S’mores! 6th grade and up are encouraged to attend. Anyone younger will need a parent to stay with them. Speaking of parents, you are all welcome to stay with us and help keep up with everyone. Bring a chair, chips, drink, or whatever your favorite movie watching snack is. Popcorn will be provided.
- October 11th - This will be a full day. We will have a congregational lunch at Maywood following morning worship with an afternoon service afterward at the camp. That night will be Area Wide at Winfield. Jeff has given us permission to stay at the camp for a while after the afternoon service so we will have some games and other activities to keep us busy until time to go to Winfield. I know some may have to leave, but if you can stay, it will be a blast!
- October 17th - Stony Point Church of Christ is hosting a Girl’s Day from 9:00-1:00. The theme this year is “He Knows My Name.” There is a flyer on the board or click HERE to see it now. It is for 7th grade and up. Moms are also encouraged to attend. It is free to attend, but if you want a shirt it will be $15. You must be signed up by October 8th (and paid) if you want a shirt. Sign up sheet is on the board.
- October 18th - Our monthly Sunday night devo will be co-hosted by Tommy & Judy Gann and Barry & Amy Kerr. Make sure you keep your schedule clear for this night. These monthly devotionals are some of my favorites.
Other Fun & Upcoming Stuff:
- Shirts - I mentioned the shirts at the potluck and have been getting prices finalized. I will hopefully have an order form tonight at Bible study. If not, certainly Sunday.
- Exposure Youth Camp - December 27-30 is EYC in Huntsville. We discussed this at the potluck and I have heard great feedback from many of you about this. Our elders have decided that the church will cover half of the registration cost for our members who go. This means that instead of $150, the cost will be $75. I will not be using a sign up sheet for this. Instead, we will have a short application form. These will be available tonight and will be due 2 weeks from tonight (October 14th). No one will be registered until I have their application and their payment. if the payment is an issue for any reason, please talk to me about it. Click HERE to be taken to the EYC website if you would like more information. This year’s calendar should be up soon. You can also look them up on Facebook.
In case I haven’t mentioned it lately, I love the HYM. This is a very special group and I am thankful and blessed to be a part of their lives. Thank you for allowing me and Kaycee to share in your lives.
Love You Big,