What’s Behind Us?
- The ladies at Ashwood loved having our girls paint their nails. Thank you to those who went and helped with this.
- Movie night at the building was a great success. We had about 30 here watching Big Hero 6 and making S’mores around the fire. It turned out to be a wonderful evening.
- We had a great day on Sunday. After the afternoon service at Maywood, a few of us stayed around the camp until time to go to Winfield for Area Wide. While at the camp, Meghan Jones made the frisbee catch of the century. It seriously could have made ESPN’s Top 10 if we had recorded it.
- We took about 20 of us to Winfield for Area Wide. There was a great group there and it was good to see Ryan, Kay, and their kids again.
What’s Coming Up?
- October 17 - Girl’s Day at Stony Point Church of Christ in Florence. A few of our girls are going to this event and it looks like it will be a great program. I know they will be blessed in being there.
- October 18 - Our monthly devotional will be at Tommy & Judy Gann’s home and will be co-hosted by Barry & Amy Kerr. I hope you will make plans to be there.
- October 28 - Trunk r Treat - After Bible Study make sure you stay around to experience the scary and interesting costumes that the kids come up with. We will be on the fellowship hall side of the building. Bring some candy to pass out and we will make this a great night for all.
- November 8 - We host the Area Wide Youth Series. Look for a sign up sheet on the board for volunteers to bring soups, chili, and finger foods. Nick said they had 120 to stay after worship for theirs so we should expect about that many as well.
Other Things to Remember:
- This Sunday, the forms to order HYM T-shirts-$10/Hoodies-$18 and the forms for Exposure Youth Camp are due. If you have not gotten one yet, I will have them with me on Wednesday night and also on Sunday. Remember to use one form per family for the shirts, and everyone going to EYC, adults included, must fill out their own form. See me if you have any questions about either of these.
- Dale Jenkins wrote an article telling a little more about EYC. Click HERE to read his thoughts on this event.
- For the girls: We have been using the Remind messages to send out info for a while now and are expanding our groups a little. Girls can text @HYMgirls to 81010 to be added to the girls group. If you got this newsletter through a Remind text message, just respond with that class code and you should be good to go. Kaycee will be controlling this primarily. Girls and moms are encouraged to sign up for these. If any of the guys try to be cute and sign up, we will kick them out. It's a girls only club!
A Final Challenge:
For the next week, choose five of the kids from our congregation and pray for them every day. Choose five babies, high schoolers, or a combination of ages and set time aside every day to pray for them by name. Write their names on a post-it and put it on your mirror if you need to. You might even send them a message to let them know that you are praying for them.
Love You Big,