It’s that time again! What’s coming up and what’s gone down over the last couple of weeks?
- Trunk r Treat was awesome. A big “thank you” to all who decorated their cars and helped make this a great night for our young people. I don’t know how many ended up coming through, but I do know that it was a lot. The rain held out for us and we were able to help a lot of little ones in our community have a safe place to go.
- We had a great turnout for the monthly teen devotional at the Gann’s house. I am thankful that they were willing to open their home to all of us and also to Barry and Amy for co-hosting with them. We talked about being sheep and what that meant for us. We also realized that although we are all sheep, in many areas, we become shepherds to those around us.
What’s Coming Up?
- Lads to Leaders forms are available now and must be turned in by November 29. Click HERE to be taken to the L2L website where themes and other information is available. See me to get your forms.
- This Saturday night there will be a girl’s pajama and finger food movie night at our house (GPAFFMN for short) from 6-9. There will also be cookies being baked. Talk to Kaycee if you have any questions.
- November 8 - This Sunday night we will be hosting the Area Wide Youth Series and Rusty Pettus will be the speaker. We are expecting around 130 visitors and are serving soup and chili. Please see the sign up sheet on the board if you are able to help out.
- November 15 - Teen devo after evening worship. Alan and Ann West have agreed to host us in their home for devo this month.
- Now that the leaves have fallen, and the rain has knocked even more down, it is time for another Lawn Rangers (Dress up as super heroes and rake leaves for those who could use the help). These events are difficult to schedule very far ahead since the weather and the amount of leaves are two important factors in this event. The 14th or 21st of this month would be great possibilities. Since that is also around the time that Jackson is supposed to make his grand arrival, are there any dads out there who would be willing to help out with this? I do not want us to miss out on this service opportunity. Let me know if you can help.
- Wednesday Night Class Changes - Beginning November 11 there will be a special series in the Wednesday night class upstairs. Each week, there will be someone different teaching their favorite Bible lesson. This will go at least through December and possibly into January.
- Don't forget to check the calendar on the board across from the signup board. We try to keep it updated with as much as we can, but feel free to write things in as well. School stuff, birthdays, National Peanut Butter Day (January 24, seriously). A few of you have already been using it. Let's keep it up!
A December Snapshot:
- December 5 - Girl’s Ornament Swap
- December 6 - AWYS @ 9th Avenue
- December 12 - Tacky Progressive Dinner & $1.00 Gift Exchang
- December 27-30 - Exposure Youth Camp in Huntsville - over 1,200 have already registered for this. It is going to be awesome.