It has been a while since the last update. Here is what has happened and what is yet to come.
- Some of the girls got together for a "pre-Jackson" pajama & movie night. Cinderella was watched and tears were shed. It sounds like a great night! :)
- Devo at Alan and Ann West’s house. Kaycee and I were unable to be there, but we hear that Clay did a great job with devo. I am beyond proud of all of our young'uns and the example they are not only to their peers, but also to me.
- The HYM Shirts came in! Actually, they are being printed as I type this but I should have them before you read this. Pick yours up at the Thanks Devotional tonight or the next time you are at worship.
- Jackson was born! Scott and Briana got the date right and Chloe got the weight. Good job on the picks!
What’s Coming Up?
- December 5th - Girl’s ornament swap at our house from 6-8. Bring finger foods and a wrapped ornament to play Dirty Santa. This is for 6th grade - College & friends.
- December 6th - Area Wide Youth Series at 9th Avenue.
- December 12 - Tacky Progressive Dinner & $1 Gift Exchange - This will be the 2nd annual tacky progressive dinner and gift exchange. Many memories came from this event last year and I am confident more will be made this year. Find your favorite ugly Christmas sweater, put your bells on, and be ready for an awesome night.
- December 27-30 - Exposure Youth Camp - EYC is one of my favorite events available for our young people. There are 16 of us going this year and I know we will all be blessed by being there. The schedule is finally up! Click HERE to see it.
- I have had Lads to Leaders forms for a while but not many have asked for them. Make sure you get them asap. Click the following links to download the registration form yourself. You can print it and bring it to me, or get a copy from me. STUDENT FORM or ADULT FORM. These are due DECEMBER 2.
- It is almost a new year, and although every day is a great day for a new beginning, the first of the year seems to be the best time to get things going. There are a few exciting things coming out for the HYM in the new year, and the first is being revealed here! For the new year, I want to challenge the entire HYM and families to read their Bibles. Did you know that there are fewer words in the Bible than in the Harry Potter series? The HP series has 1,084,170 words and the Bible has 807,361. Both are big numbers, but when compared to HP, the Bible doesn't seem quite as big anymore. I know it is a big task, and it is tough to stay on track when attempting to read, so I am going to help.
- Text @hymreaders to 81010 or reply to any of the HYM texts you have received before with that code and you will be subscribed.
- Every Sunday I will send out a reading schedule for the week and on Fridays (this day may change) I will send a devotional thought based on that weeks reading.
- If we read 5 chapters a day (Monday-Friday) we will finish the entire Bible by the end of the year.
- If we work together, and hold each other accountable, we can do it.